33rd Annual D.A.R.E.
International Training Conference
SAVE THE DATE
being held VIRTUALLY on
July 7th -July 8th, 2021
And it’s FREE!
As America and the world emerge from the COVID pandemic, there is no going back to normal. In fact, it’s about learning to adapt and succeed in what continues to be the most “abnormal” time in more than a century.
For today’s generation of K-12 students, life has presented new crises that are far greater than the challenges of living life on Zoom. Families have lost loved ones while segments of our economy have virtually disappeared leaving too many families facing unemployment, homelessness, and hunger.
The 33rd D.A.R.E. International Training Conference will provide D.A.R.E. Officers, SROs, educators and other attendees with vital information and tools to adapt and respond – whether in the classroom or virtually – to the crises and challenges K-12 students continue to face living through and beyond the COVID-19 pandemic. These include:
- Significant increases in substance abuse, particularly abuse of opioids;
- Student mental health crises including depression, bullying, suicide ideation, and domestic violence;
- The impact of social media on emotional stability and self-esteem; and
- Trust issues between schools, families, and law enforcement.
D.A.R.E. America is accepting nominations for the 2021 D.A.R.E. Law Enforcement Executive of the Year; Daryl F. Gates D.A.R.E. Lifetime Achievement; and D.A.R.E. Officer of the Year Awards.
Recipients of these prestigious awards will be honored during the 33rd Annual D.A.R.E. International Training Conference. The conference is being VIRTUALLY on Wednesday, July 7th and Thursday, July 8th, 2021.
The conference will benefit:
- D.A.R.E. Instructors
- School Resource Officers
- School Based Law Enforcement Officers and Deputies
- School Based Law Enforcement Supervisors
- Juvenile and Youth Correction Officers
- International Law Enforcement Officials
- Youth Organization Administrators and Leaders
- International School Staff and Personnel
- Police Department and Sheriffs’ Office Personnel