*Schedule is subject to change and will be updated as information becomes available.
Bruce was the D.A.R.E. America Officer of the Year 2007. He currently serves as Facilitator and Mentor for D.A.R.E. Indiana’s Training Team. He has been with the Bluffton Police Department since 1986. His duties at the department include: Patrol Officer, D.A.R.E. Instructor and Trainer, Wells County D.A.R.E. Coordinator, Intoxilyzer Operator, Chaplain and CPR Instructor for the Bluffton Police Department, School Resource Officer since 2001, and part-time pastor for a small church. He was also Youth/Associate Minister with two different congregations for 6 1/2 years, Emergency Medical Technician for the Wells County EMS for 6 1/2 years with over ten years as certified EMT, and Certified Second Class Firefighter with the Bluffton Fire Department until 1994.
The following are his other awards and achievements:
- Graduated from the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy – June 1986 – Fourth in class
- “Officer of the Year” award from Bluffton Police Department – May 1989
- President of the Indiana D.A.R.E. Officers Association January 1990 to June 1991
- D.A.R.E. Officer Training (DOT) – June 1988 with the Fort Wayne Police Department
- D.A.R.E. Mentor Officer Training (MOT) – January 1991 – Midwest Regional Training Center in Springfield, Illinois
- D.A.R.E. Senior Training – May 1991 in Columbus, Ohio
- Member of the D.A.R.E. Indiana Advisory Board since its inception until the fall of 1995
- D.A.R.E. Parent Program Training – May 1993 at the Midwest Regional Training Center in Springfield, IL
- Selected as D.A.R.E. Officer of the Year by the Indiana D.A.R.E. Officers Association – June 1993
- Senior Mentor Training – August 1993, MRTC in Springfield, Illinois
- Awarded in November 1995 the “Dr. Constantine Panos Visionary Award” for going above and beyond the call of duty to enforce law and to educate people about substance abuse
- Training Coordinator for D.A.R.E. Indiana, Inc. – May 1996 to October 1997
- Member of the D.A.R.E. Indiana, Inc. Policy and Procedure Committee – October 1997 to present
- Selected by D.A.R.E. International in September 2003 and 2004 to do a DOT in Germany for Military Police Officers sponsored by the Department of Defense
- Selected by D.A.R.E. International in May 2006 to do a DOT in Okinawa for Military Police Officers sponsored by the Department of Defense
- Wells County Citizens Against Drug Abuse presented 2009 Professional Leader Award in recognition of a career professional who has demonstrated outstanding and dedicated service and leadership in combating alcohol and drug abuse – May 2009
Bruce enjoys spending time with his wife Diane and son Jonathon. He also enjoys walking, bicycling, movies, reading, music, D.A.R.E., and church related work.