myPlaybook: Core High School Curriculum – Officer Download
myPlaybook: Core is a four-lesson curriculum designed for delivery to High School Students, ideally in 9th or 10th grade. The lesson content is aligned with D.A.R.E. Elementary and Middle school program concepts, continuing the focus on understanding risk behavior and making decisions that support safety and health.
Lesson 1: Your Community and Perceptions of Alcohol and Other Drug Use
- Identify themselves as important members of their school community.
- Understand the relationship between Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) use and being a good community member.
- Understand the role social norms play in shaping their behavior.
- Understand that high school students who choose not to drink or do drugs are in the majority.
Lesson 2: Consequences
- Understand how alcohol and drugs affect the adolescent brain.
- Describe the negative consequences of alcohol and drug use.
- Accurately understand risk for experiencing consequences of alcohol and drug use.
Lesson 3: Reasons for Use and Resisting Pressure
- Understand the reasons some people use AOD and alternatives to use.
- Understand why people might pressure others to use AOD.
- Have a personal plan for opting out of pressure or offers to use AOD.
Lesson 4: Being an Upstander
- Understand themselves as important members of their high school community.
- Understand pressures that they and their peers may be facing.
- Feel confident stepping into a scenario safely.