Did you know the State of Oregon just wrapped up a D.A.R.E. Officer Training (DOT) in January? This training was a cooperative effort between D.A.R.E. America, the Department of Public Safety Standards and Training, and the Salem Police Department. Ofc. Craig Seibel, the Oregon D.A.R.E. Coordinator, worked with Dennis Osborn, the Western Regional Director; to make it happen. D.A.R.E. America generously provided the funding and the following elite training team:
- Rafael Morales, Facilitator
- Ashley Frazier, Educator and Director of Curriculum and Training
- Randy Kirkman and Ruel Fuentecilla, Mentors for the Blue Team
- Kim Hawkes, Central Regional Director and Mentor for the Green Team
- Kay Moore, Mentor for the Red Team
We are proud to announce the graduation of the following twenty-two new D.A.R.E. Officers:
- Heather Ashwill, Central Point Police Department (OR)
- Mikael Brakebill, Kennewick Police Department (WA)
- Hector Camacho, Warden Police Department (WA)
- James Canada, Kennewick Police Department (WA)
- Tory Flory, Gilliam County Sheriff’s Office (OR)
- Nathan George, North Bend Police Department (OR)
- Jeff Halverson, West Linn Police Department (OR)
- Tim Harris, Kennewick Police Department (WA)
- Paul Hill, Franklin County Sheriff’s Office (WA)
- Joshua Huskey, Hoonah Police Department (AK)
- Sabino Martinez, National Guard (CA)
- Daryl Nichols, Ketchikan Police Department (AK)
- Kevin O’Brien, Warm Springs Police Department (OR)
- Dustin Parkhurst, North Bend Police Department (OR)
- Lani Pascual, National Guard (CA)
- Daniel Provost, Campbell County Sheriff’s Office (WY)
- Daniel Rodriguez, Iola Police Department (KS)
- Seth Rosser, Walla Walla County Sheriff’s Office (WA)
- Kruz Schoenrock, Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office (NE)
- Joseph Sevy, Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office (ID)
- Wyatt Smith, St. John’s Police Department (AZ)
- Sara Vidales, National Guard (CA)
D.A.R.E. (Drug Abuse Resistance Education) is the world’s leading prevention program. The new curricula known as “keepin’ it REAL” is both research based and effective. New D.A.R.E. Officers receive an 80 hour training course conducted by highly skilled mentors with many years of experience in the classroom, as well as university-level educators. All officers are taught to deliver the curricula exactly as they are written, thereby achieving the goal of nearly 100% implementation fidelity.
From Craig Seibel
The D.A.R.E. PLUS Environmental Science After School Program teaches youth about etymology, conservation, and pollinators. The classes are taught Monday-Friday by Mr. Nathan Hawthorne and Mr. Jim Sherman who have over 30 years gardening experience. Currently the...
Each year, D.A.R.E. America awards one member of its Youth Advocacy Board a $20,000 college scholarship. This year, New Jersey Youth Advocacy Board (YAB) member Julia Manning was named the recipient of the 2019 D.A.R.E. America Louis ‘Skip’ Miller National Scholarship...
Maiden Elementary fifth-grade students look over their D.A.R.E. certificates during a ceremony on Friday afternoon. Maiden Elementary School held a graduation ceremony Friday afternoon for 75 fifth-grade students who completed the D.A.R.E. program this year. “D.A.R.E....
(L TO R) Forest Service law enforcement officers, Matthew Odell with his K9, Caesar, assigned to Lassen National Forest, Yvette Orellana, Angeles National Forest, Michelle Barrios, Plumas National Forest, Rocco Jackson, Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit, and Gerald...
SUGGESTED AGE – 10 & UNDER
Saturday December 7, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Tuesday December 10, 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
MTSU Softball Field
"I am humbled and flattered to receive the D.A.R.E. Lifetime Graduate Award. Safety and making good decisions will follow through with our students for their entire lives. Good decision making results in positive self-esteem and an attitude (with the) ability to make...
“To Whom It May concern, I would like to thank the D.A.R.E. Parogram [sic] and Mrs Renfro for the donation to Haven Of Hope Foundation over 600 toys for the less fortunate kids of our community….”
“On behalf of The Mission of Yahweh, thank you so very much for your recent donation of all the wonderful toys for our children. Your support enables us to provide homeless women and their children with basic needs and support services in a safe and caring Christian…”
D.A.R.E. Iowa hosted a full 37th D.A.R.E. Officer Training school with 24 police officers, sheriff’s deputies and U.S. Military per-sonnel from different states at Camp Dodge on Sept. 8 — Sept. 20,2019, in Johnston, Iowa. Members of the D.A.R.E. Iowa Training Team came from Oklahoma, Wisconsin and Iowa…
Copyright © 2020 D.A.R.E. America. All Rights Reserved.
Copyright © 2020 D.A.R.E. America.
All Rights Reserved.