D.A.R.E. America is accepting nominations for its three most prestigious awards:
- the 2018 Daryl F. Gates D.A.R.E. Lifetime Achievement Award;
- the 2018 D.A.R.E. Officer of the Year Award;
- and the 2018 D.A.R.E. Educator of the Year Award.
Recipients of these national awards will be honored during the 31st Annual D.A.R.E. International Training Conference being held at the Rosen Center Hotel in Orlando, Florida from July 10 through 12, 2018.
Nominees for the awards shall have distinguished themselves in their dedication to the D.A.R.E. program. Their efforts must demonstrate a commitment to D.A.R.E. beyond the high standards evidenced by others involved in the program. While the Lifetime Achievement award is presented in recognition of accomplishments realized over the span of a career, the Officer and Educator of the Year Awards are based upon achievements attained during 2017.
- Nominations must be made to the D.A.R.E. America Regional Director responsible for the region in which the nominee resides and works.
- Nomination documentation must clearly articulate all information for a nominee to be considered for selection of an award; specifically outline the nominee’s relevant accomplishments; and clearly identify the nominating party/entity. Please note, materials submitted will not be returned.
- The correspondence should be no longer than two pages, single-spaced, 12 pt. type. Additional information may be submitted as attachments to the nomination.
- The nomination should include the identity, telephone number and email address of one person to contact regarding selection results.
- Individuals currently or previously employed by D.A.R.E. America are not eligible for these awards.
- Nominations must be received by the concerned D.A.R.E. America Regional Director on or before 1700 hrs. PT, Friday, April 13, 2018.
A special panel will be convened by D.A.R.E. America to review nomination information and select those individuals to be honored. The panel will complete its selection of the final awardees by April 20, 2018. D.A.R.E. America will notify the nominating person/entity of the award selections no later than April 27, 2018.
Those individuals selected to be honored must be available to attend the 31th Annual D.A.R.E. International Training Conference. D.A.R.E. America will pay all costs associated with their attendance.
Please note…because of the number of nominees, and in some cases multiple nominations, notice of selection for the awards will be made only to the person(s) established as the primary nominator. Selection of award recipients will be posted on www.dare.org no later than May 4, 2018.
Please feel free to contact your D.A.R.E. America Regional Director for additional information. Their contact information is available on our website at www.dare.org or can be obtained by calling (800) 223-3273.
D.A.R.E. America greatly appreciates your personal commitment and contributions to the D.A.R.E program and the millions of student who it benefits each and every day.
Get to know the speakers and presenters at the 31st D.A.R.E. International Training Conference…
Conference schedule is subject to change and will be updated as information becomes available…
Preferred ground transportation to and from ORD will be Mears Transportation Service. $21 for one way trip. $33 for round trip. If booked in advance online, there is a 10% discount with code…
As an Exhibitor this is an excellent opportunity to get the optimum exposure, generate leads and reach decision makers anxious to discover the newest products and services that will enable them to perform their duties more effectively. When/Where: July 10 to 12, 2018...