JULY 24-28, 2023 | TROPICANA HOTEL, LAS VEGAS, NV
Note to Attendees:
To request a Workshop Certificate of Completion, please click below on the for you (DARE Officer and Non-officer) and complete the form. Thank you for attending!
For nearly forty years, D.A.R.E. has been devoted to student safety, health, and wellbeing. D.A.R.E. is the most comprehensive and widely taught prevention education program in the world. More than 3 million K-12 students throughout America and 29 other countries receive D.A.R.E.’s evidence-based, proven effective curricula each year.
The 35th Annual D.A.R.E. International Training Conference, hosted jointly with the School Safety Advocacy Council, provided D.A.R.E. Instructors, SROs, educators, and key decision-makers with vital information and prevention tools to help prepare, cope, and respond to the significant health and safety crises students, law enforcement, and schools face in 2023 and beyond.
- Significant increases in substance abuse, particularly abuse of opioids;
- The health and safety consequences of student vaping;
- Student mental health crises including depression, bullying, and suicide ideation;
- The impact of social media on emotional stability and self-esteem; and
- Trust issues between schools, families, and law enforcement.
CONGRATULATIONS AND THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO FOR D.A.R.E. AND THE CHILDREN YOU IMPACT
2023 D.A.R.E. America National 'Louis Skip Miller' Scholarship Awardee: Lily Ljiljanich, New York D.A.R.E. Youth Advocacy Board Member. Lily Ljiljanich joined the Youth Advocacy Board as a...