myPlaybook: Core High School Curriculum
myPlaybook: Core is a four-lesson curriculum designed for delivery to High School Students, ideally in 9th or 10th grade. The lesson content is aligned with D.A.R.E. Elementary and Middle school program concepts, continuing the focus on understanding risk behavior and making decisions that support safety and health.
Lesson 1: Your Community and Perceptions of Alcohol and Other Drug Use
- Identify themselves as important members of their school community.
- Understand the relationship between Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) use and being a good community member.
- Understand the role social norms play in shaping their behavior.
- Understand that high school students who choose not to drink or do drugs are in the majority.
Lesson 2: Consequences
- Understand how alcohol and drugs affect the adolescent brain.
- Describe the negative consequences of alcohol and drug use.
- Accurately understand risk for experiencing consequences of alcohol and drug use.
Lesson 3: Reasons for Use and Resisting Pressure
- Understand the reasons some people use AOD and alternatives to use.
- Understand why people might pressure others to use AOD.
- Have a personal plan for opting out of pressure or offers to use AOD.
Lesson 4: Being an Upstander
- Understand themselves as important members of their high school community.
- Understand pressures that they and their peers may be facing.
- Feel confident stepping into a scenario safely.
D.A.R.E. America is accepting nominations for the 2020 Awards:
- D.A.R.E. Law Enforcement Executive of the Year,
- Daryl F. Gates D.A.R.E. Lifetime Achievement,
- D.A.R.E. Officer of the Year, and
- D.A.R.E. Educator of the Year.
Recipients of these prestigious awards…
The LCSO was excited to start off the New Year with the first D.A.R.E. America International graduation of 2020 at Newton-Lee Elementary School. This year the LCSO will hold 60 graduations and will teach D.A.R.E. to over 12,000 elementary and middle schoolers in...
Each year, D.A.R.E. America awards one member of its Youth Advocacy Board a $20,000 college scholarship. This year, New Jersey Youth Advocacy Board (YAB) member Julia Manning was named the recipient of the 2019 D.A.R.E. America Louis ‘Skip’ Miller National Scholarship...
The Burlington Police Department is proposing a new form of discipline to address vaping in schools. Rather than automatically punishing first offenders with in-school suspension, the police department wants to give students the choice of sitting in on a vaping lesson…
OHIO COUNTY, W.Va. (WTRF)- An enhanced curriculum training was hosted by Drug Abuse Resistance Education (D.A.R.E.) America to instruct D.A.R.E. law enforcement officers on ever-changing challenges. A new kindergarten through 12th grade curricula has recently been...
The South Eastman Rotary Club is carrying on a twenty year tradition in Steinbach. President Kyler Bergen says it has been that long that their club has been sponsoring the D.A.R.E. program. D.A.R.E. stands for Drug Abuse Resistance Education and in Steinbach the...
Alexander City Police Department Cpl. Marcus Billups, left, is one of Alexander City Schools’ resource officers. D.A.R.E. (Alexander City) is a drug-prevention program for students which is taught by ACPD officers and is primarily funded by the Lake Martin Area United...
At a time when more than 30 states and the District of Columbia have legalized the use of marijuana for either medical or recreational use, the U.S. surgeon general says no amount of the drug is safe for teens, young adults and pregnant women.
“While the perceived harm of marijuana is decreasing, the scary truth is that the actual potential for harm is increasing,” Surgeon General Jerome Adams said…
The D.A.R.E. America – National School Board Association webinar conducted by Richard Clayton, PhD and David L. Wyrick, PhD on August 13, 2019 is now online to view. The webinar will help the listener understand the evidence and theoretical base underlying Prevention Science, identifying the D.A.R.E. curricula as a model program. The D.A.R.E. curricula focuses on providing cutting edge instruction that helps prevent drug use by developing basic, core Socio-Emotional skills needed for safe and responsible choices…
Copyright © 2020 D.A.R.E. America. All Rights Reserved.
Copyright © 2020 D.A.R.E. America.
All Rights Reserved.