myPlaybook: Core High School Curriculum
myPlaybook: Core is a four-lesson curriculum designed for delivery to High School Students, ideally in 9th or 10th grade. The lesson content is aligned with D.A.R.E. Elementary and Middle school program concepts, continuing the focus on understanding risk behavior and making decisions that support safety and health.
Lesson 1: Your Community and Perceptions of Alcohol and Other Drug Use
- Identify themselves as important members of their school community.
- Understand the relationship between Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) use and being a good community member.
- Understand the role social norms play in shaping their behavior.
- Understand that high school students who choose not to drink or do drugs are in the majority.
Lesson 2: Consequences
- Understand how alcohol and drugs affect the adolescent brain.
- Describe the negative consequences of alcohol and drug use.
- Accurately understand risk for experiencing consequences of alcohol and drug use.
Lesson 3: Reasons for Use and Resisting Pressure
- Understand the reasons some people use AOD and alternatives to use.
- Understand why people might pressure others to use AOD.
- Have a personal plan for opting out of pressure or offers to use AOD.
Lesson 4: Being an Upstander
- Understand themselves as important members of their high school community.
- Understand pressures that they and their peers may be facing.
- Feel confident stepping into a scenario safely.
4,500 Students Graduate from D.A.R.E. Mexico in Tijuana
Tijuana, Baja California, February 23, 2023 – More than 4,500 preschool, Elementary, and Middle school students from 43 schools in Tijuana, Mexico, graduated from the D.A.R.E. program. Students completed their preventive education program against drug use courses…
D.A.R.E. Graduation at Paulding Elementary School
D.A.R.E. program in Paulding County is going strong with a new Deputy at the helm, Deputy Rich Phelan. In January he completed the 12 week coursework with the Antwerp Elementary 5th graders. This past week, he graduated the 5th grade class of Paulding Elementary….
D.A.R.E. Rings the Nasdaq Stock Market Closing Bell
D.A.R.E., the largest and most comprehensive K-12 drug prevention educational program in the world, visits the Nasdaq MarketSite in Times Square. In honor of the occasion, Robert Strang, Vice-Chairperson of D.A.R.E., rings the closing bell.
Lafayette County’s D.A.R.E. Program Graduates 225 Students
Lafayette’s D.A.R.E. program graduated 225 students recently. The D.A.R.E. program taught by Lafayette County deputies is a 10-week course that focuses on how students can make responsible decisions when it comes to drugs, alcohol, tobacco, bullying and peer pressure.
Support D.A.R.E. and enter for a chance to win!
D.A.R.E. curricula provide students the knowledge and skills to make good decisions for safe and healthy living. D.A.R.E.'s keepin' it REAL elementary and middle-school curricula are based on Socio-Emotional Learning Theory which identifies basic skills and processes...
The Power of Prevention | D.A.R.E. Video
D.A.R.E. is Different | Richard Clayton PhD
A Different Kind of D.A.R.E.
The principle is still the same: Friendly officers from the Moorhead Police Department come to fifth grade classrooms every day to prepare kids to make good decisions. But if you attended elementary school in the 1980s and 1990s, when the nationwide program was in its...
D.A.R.E. Returns to Chicago Schools
Welcome back, Chicago!
After 13 years, D.A.R.E. returns to Chicago schools with the April 22nd graduation of 40 Chicago Police Officers from a two-week D.A.R.E. Officer Training, and Chicago Police Department Announces New D.A.R.E. Program!
Partnership with schools will teach good decision-making while building trust between community & law enforcement…
Copyright © 2022 D.A.R.E. America. All Rights Reserved.
Copyright © 2022 D.A.R.E. America.
All Rights Reserved.