Miller's duties take to several schools in the county. Parents can use the extra assistance when it comes to helping their children make right decisions...
Read more . . .
More from Hometown Illinois
Several William B. Orenic Intermediate School students were recently recognized at the Shorewood Village Hall as D.A.R.E. program graduates. Back row from left: Shorewood Police Officer Weston Barlog, Mrs. America Nicole Cook, Sergeant James Butcher, Sergeant...
Princeton Police Chief Tom Kammerer (left) stands with Princeton D.A.R.E. Officer Rob Jensen, who was recently awarded as Illinois’ D.A.R.E. Officer of the Year. Jensen, who has been in charge of Princeton’s D.A.R.E. program for 20 years, attended the awards...
Representatives Finnie (L) and Severin (R), with Hamilton County Sheriff Robert Crow. There was a pretty big deal going on in Hamilton County. Sheriff Robert Crow held his 30th graduation! Sheriff Crow, to my knowledge, is the longest running D.A.R.E. Officer in...
Members of the Thomas Jefferson School music club sing the national anthem on the field Tuesday before the D.A.R.E. baseball game at Dozer Park in Peoria. PEORIA — For decades, D.A.R.E. Day has been a fixture on the Peoria Chiefs’ schedule. The traditional late...
The 2018 Jersey D.A.R.E. scholarship winners are shown with D.A.R.E. officer Rich Portwood and board member Bob Jones. The youth are, Blake Wittman, Caitlyn King, Taylor Young and Alec Fry. JERSEY - The Jersey D.A.R.E. organization recently presented scholarship...
In a letter to Illinois D.A.R.E. Training Coordinator Kim Giugler, John Fellows of the Sedalia Police Department provided updates on the D.A.R.E. program in Missouri. He mentioned that D.A.R.E. continues to grow in Missouri, and that Missouri D.A.R.E....
Fifth-grade students at Sward Elementary graduated from the D.A.R.E. Program after participating in the program for the last few months. Detective Tom Cronin congratulated the students and applauded them for their promise to turn away from drugs and violence. “I am...
Director of Regional Operations & North Central Regional Director
Phone: (310) 486-6727
Email: Lloyd Bratz
Tri-River Police Training Region – MTU 16 & Illinois D.A.R.E. Officer’s Association
D.A.R.E. Officer Training
Plainfield Police Department
14300 Coil Plus Drive; Plainfield, IL 60544
Monday – Friday, February 17 – 28, 2020
8:00 am till 5:00 pm
This course complies with the guidelines of the following mandate(s): Procedural Justice
Course Description: This 80+ hrs. training is required by D.A.R.E. America for certification of all new D.A.R.E. Instructors and provides successful graduates with authorization to deliver copyrighted D.A.R.E. curricula for elementary and middle school programs, parent and community programs, as well as several enhancement lessons. The focus of the training is to provide instructors with the skills necessary for successful classroom instruction and student learning.
The course is very intense and requires after training assignments to be completed each evening.
This two-week certification course is for candidates representing current D.A.R.E. participating agencies or agencies who will be implementing D.A.R.E. programs in their local communities for the 2018-19 school year. The fee is $750 per candidate which includes registration fee, a light breakfast and lunch (M-F), instruction, and course materials.
All candidates will be responsible for their own dinner meal each day (and all meals over the weekend if necessary) as well as hotel and travel arrangements. Lodging is available at the Hampton Inn I-55, (Joliet North) call the hotel directly at 815-439-9500.
Participation in all sessions of the course, completion of all training objectives, and satisfactory skills performance is required for certification. It is required that participants be certified law enforcement officers with two years of experience. Waivers to this requirement are possible and granted on a case by case basis upon request.
Upon registration, an application package will be sent to the candidate. Applications and waivers must be completed and return it to the State Coordinator by fax at (815) 439-6916, or mail to:
Tri-River Police Training
14300 Coil Plus Drive Plainfield
Applications must be authorized by the requesting agency.
Final acceptance in the program is pending upon review of application, an acceptance letter will be sent with further instructions.
For more information, contact Kim Giugler with D.A.R.E. related questions at (815) 725-1460.
Instructors and Mentors: Will be supplied by the Illinois D.A.R.E. Officer’s Association and D.A.R.E. America. Member Tuition: $750.00 Non-Member Tuition: $750.00
Member Tuition: $750.00
Non-Member Tuition: $750.00
State D.A.R.E. Contacts
State D.A.R.E. Training Coordinator
Shorewood Police Department
Phone: (815) 725-1460
State D.A.R.E. Officers Association President
Rock Island County Sheriff’s Department
Phone: (309) 558-8419
State D.A.R.E. Educational Advisor
Delaney O’Sullivan, D.A.R.E. America Youth Advocacy Board Member from Illinois
Illinois Local D.A.R.E. Websites
- Alsip Police Department
- Arcola Police Department
- Arthur Police Department
- Bannockburn Police Department
- Bartlett Police Department
- Bethalto Police Department
- Breese Police Department
- Bridgeview Police Department
- Burbank Police Department
- Bureau County Sheriff’s Office
- Burr Ridge Police Department
- Canton Police Department
- Carol Stream Police Department
- Clinton Police Department
- Countryside Police Department
- Deerfield Police Department
- Dwight Police Department
- Edwardsville Police Department
- El Paso Police Department
- Elk Grove Village Police Department
- Elmhurst Police Department
- Elmwood Park Community Unit School District #401
- Evergreen Park Police Department
- Flora Police Department
- Flossmoor Police Department
- Gages Lake School
- Galesburg Police Department
- Glen Ellyn Police Department
- Glendale Heights Police Department
- Grayslake Police Department
- Greenwood Elementary School
- Grundy County Sheriff’s Office
- Gurnee Police Department
- Hartford Police Department
- Harwood Heights Police Department
- Hebron Police Department
- Hickory Hills Police Department
- Hinsdale Police Department
- Hodgkins Police Department
- Hoffman Estates Police Department
- Homewood Police Department
- Illinois D.A.R.E. Officers Association
- Iroquois Community School
- Jackson County Sheriff’s Office
- Jerseyville Police Department
- Johnsburg Police Department
- Knox County Sheriff’s Office
- LaGrange Police Department
- Lake in the Hills Police Department
- Lansing Police Department
- Lemont-Bromberek CSD113A
- Lincoln Police Department
- Macomb Police Department
- McDonough County Sheriff’s Office
- McLean County Sheriff’s Office
- Mendota Police Department
- Mercer County Sheriff’s Office
- Metra Police Department
- Millstadt Police Department
- Minier Police Department
- Minooka Police Department
- Morris Police Department
- Mount Vernon Police Department
- Mount Zion Police Department
- New Athens Police Department
- Norridge Police Department
- Oak Brook Police Department
- Oak Lawn Police Department
- Orland Hills Police Department
- Ottawa Police Department
- Palos Heights Police Department
- Paul Revere Intermediate School
- Plainfield Police Department
- Plano Police Department
- Princeton Police Department
- Rantoul Police Department
- River Forest Police Department
- River Grove School District
- Rockton Police Department
- Romeoville Police Department
- Roxana Police Department
- Sacred Heart Catholic School
- Sandwich Police Department
- Schiller Park Police Department
- Shelby County Sheriff’s Office
- Shorewood Police Department
- Steger Police Department
- Sterling Police Department
- Streamwood Police Department
- Tazewell County Sheriff’s Office
- Tinley Park Police Department
- Trenton Police Department
- Vermilion County Sheriff’s Department
- Vernon Hills Police Department
- Village of Lisle Police Department
- Waterloo Police Department
- Waukegan Police Department
- Wheaton Police Department
- Whittier School
- Willow Springs Police Department
- Woodford County Sheriff’s Department
- Woodridge Police Department
Copyright 2019 D.A.R.E. All Rights Reserved.
Copyright 2019 D.A.R.E. All Rights Reserved.