Sgt. Vicky LaGrange with the St. Martinville Police Department is all smiles as she reads through the D.A.R.E. book she will soon be sharing with elementary students in St. Martinville. The SMPD officer also will act as a school resource officer for both ELC...Read more . . .
More from Hometown Louisiana
MONROE, La. - In Monroe, a graduation was held for kids who dare to be different. Shady Grove Elementary held it's annual D.A.R.E. graduation Tuesday, honoring kids who vow to fight against drugs and bullying. Organizers from the Ouachita Parish Sheriff's Office...
GRANT PARISH, LA (GPSO) – On May 9, 2017, Georgetown fifth grade students celebrated their graduation from the D.A.R.E. program. Georgetown Principal Jennifer Winslett delivered the opening and closing remarks at the ceremony. Emma Winslett said the Pledge of...
GRANT PARISH, LA (GPSO) – For Verda Elementary fifth grade teacher Denise Jordan, this year’s D.A.R.E. program was a triumph of determination and teamwork for her kids. On April 27, the students graduated from the D.A.R.E. program in a ceremony that took place at...
Two schools recently graduated students through the D.A.R.E. program. Louisiana Elementary School held its ceremony on Wednesday, Dec. 14, and BONCL completed its two student D.A.R.E. class on Friday, Dec. 16. At Louisiana Elementary, the students received their...
Deputy LaTienda Pierre Davis was sworn in as the 2016-17 President of the Louisiana D.A.R.E. Officers Association during the group’s annual awards banquet in Alexandria. A Caddo Sheriff’s Deputy has received a very big honor, and will use her new position to help...
Nearly 400 fifth graders graduated the fall semester D.A.R.E. program taught by St. Bernard Sheriff’s Office
The St. Bernard Sheriff’s Office honored more than 100 fifth-graders at J.F. Gauthier Elementary School in St. Bernard and Our Lady of Prompt Succor School in Chalmette on Dec. 16-17 who completed a 12-week program in Drug Abuse Resistance Education, or D.A.R.E....
The toolkit of digital resources to help promote the upcoming National Prescription Drug Take Back Day is now live. It contains a variety of materials – posters, pamphlets, ads, billboards, and social media art that is pre-sized for Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Help promote the upcoming National Prescription Drug Take Back Day. The more organizations that share this awareness through their own channels (social media, e-mail, etc), the more attention and participation that RX Take Back Day gets.
State D.A.R.E. Contacts
State D.A.R.E. Coordinator
Phone: (337) 491-3761
Deputy LaTienda Pierre Davis
State D.A.R.E. Officers Association President
Phone: (318) 675-2170
State D.A.R.E. Officers Association Vice President
Phone: (318) 681-0700
Louisiana Local D.A.R.E. Websites
- Ascension Parish Sheriff’s Office
- Baton Rouge City Constable’s Office
- Caddo Parish Sheriff’s Office
- Cameron Parish Sheriff’s Office
- DeQuincy Elementary School
- Fontainebleau Junior High School
- Lincoln Parish Sheriff’s Office
- Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office
- Lockport Police Department
- Louisiana Commission on Law Enforcement
- Louisiana D.A.R.E. Officer’s Association
- Morehouse Parish Sheriff’s Office
- Natchitoches Parish Sheriff’s Office
- New Orleans Police Department
- Rapides Parish School District
- Rapides Parish Sheriff’s Office
- Sabine Parish Sheriff’s Office
- St. Bernard Parish Sheriff’s Office
- St. Charles Elementary School
- St. John Parish Sheriff’s Office
- St. Landry Parish Sheriff’s Department
- Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff’s Office
- Tchefuncte Middle School
- Union Parish Sheriff’s Office
- Vermilion Parish Sheriff’s Office
- West Leesville Elementary School
- Westwood Elementary School