About the scholarship:
The D.A.R.E. America National Scholarship is for $20,000 and is awarded annually to a qualified graduating YAB senior high school student to attend the university or college of their choice. Notification of the Scholarship is usually sent out in January and deadline to apply is in March
The requirements for eligibility are as follows:
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must have completed junior year of high school at time of application
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Must not be related to a current D.A.R.E. officer/administrator
- Must apply only to an accredited institution (4 years) in the U.S.
- Must lead a lifestyle consistent with the goals and objectives of D.A.R.E.
- Must be a member of the D.A.R.E. America Youth Advocacy Board
Scholarship Terms and Conditions:
To maintain eligibility for participation in award of the 2016 D.A.R.E. America National Scholarship the recipient must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in an accredited college or university within the United States.
- Be a full time student as defined by the college or university in which enrolled.
- Maintain status as a student in good academic standing (not be on academic probation) as set forth in policy established by the college or university in which enrolled.
- At the conclusion of each academic year, forward to D.A.R.E. America a copy of academic transcripts.
- Lead a lifestyle consistent with and upholding the goals and objectives of the D.A.R.E. America program.
- Refrain from any use of illicit substance and abuse of tobacco or alcohol.
- At the request of D.A.R.E. America, on occasion, appear at special events on behalf of the D.A.R.E. America program. The recipient shall bear no expense for attendance at such events and attendance is not to interfere with academic activities.
- Report in writing, to D.A.R.E. America any actions or determination violating the aforementioned terms and conditions. Such communication shall be transmitted via United States Postal Service, registered mail, within five business days of becoming aware of the action or determination.