At a time when more than 30 states and the District of Columbia have legalized the use of marijuana for either medical or recreational use, the U.S. surgeon general says no amount of the drug is safe for teens, young adults and pregnant women.
“While the perceived harm of marijuana is decreasing, the scary truth is that the actual potential for harm is increasing,” Surgeon General Jerome Adams said...
More from Hometown Michigan
ALPENA — A presidential proclamation will be made tomorrow to recognize National D.A.R.E. Day and to acknowledge the efforts in educating youth to resist drugs and violence. D.A.R.E. stands for Drug Abuse Resistance Education and throughout the years, the Alpena...
The Forsyth Township Police Department has initiated a new Drug Abuse Resistance Education — or D.A.R.E. — program in the Gwinn Area Community Schools. D.A.R.E. was taught in schools throughout Marquette County in the past. Last fall Sergeant Jesse Cadwell attended D.A.R.E. training in Virginia and can now teach the curriculum.
It was graduation day for some students from Mesick Elementary, but they’re not moving to middle school just yet. Students celebrated their graduation from the D.A.R.E. program with pizza and ice skating at the Wex in Cadillac. The celebration was the culmination of weeks of work in the program.
ROCKFORD, MICH. – Rockford Ninja Warrior 2016 and sponsor BridgeWay Community Church is helping out the community’s schools. They presented a $45,000 check Monday, Nov. 14, during the school board meeting. The money is going to Rockford’s Drug Abuse Resistance...
Seibert Elementary fifth-grader John Caszajenko, right, leads the pack as Meridian fifth-grader Jilliam Todd, center, and Caszajenko’s classmate Andrew Gilbert follow behind during a bouncy horse race during D.A.R.E. Day on Saturday at Dow Diamond. Some chose to...
The students in Mr. Brown’s 5th-grade classroom wait in excited anticipation for the arrival of a special guest who has been visiting each week since the beginning of the semester. Rebekah, the class helper for the day, passes out glossy workbooks to each student....
Rafael L. Morales
North Central Regional Director
Phone: (424) 227-0997
Email: Rafael Morales
State D.A.R.E. Contacts
State D.A.R.E. Coordinator and Training Coordinator
Phone: (517) 719-4737
State D.A.R.E. Officers Association President
Lake County Sheriff’s Department
Phone: (231) 745-2712
State D.A.R.E. Officers Association Vice President
Deputy Kimberly Potts
Phone: (248) 425-2981
Jack Droelle, D.A.R.E. America Youth Advocacy Board Member from Michigan
Michigan Local D.A.R.E. Programs
- Alpena County Sheriff’s Office
- Alpena Police Department
- Antrim County Sheriff’s Office
- Bangor Township Schools
- Boyne City Police Department
- Cass County Sheriff’s Office
- Constantine Police Department
- Crawford County Sheriff’s Office
- Dickinson County Sheriff’s Department
- Dryden Township Police Department
- Escanaba Area Public Schools
- Forsyth Township Police Department
- Frankenmuth Police Department
- Gladwin County Sheriff’s Office
- Grosse Ile Police Department
- Hannahville Tribal Police Department
- Ionia Department of Public Safety
- Lincoln Elementary School
- Macomb County Sheriff’s Office
- Meridian Township Police Department
- Midland County Sheriff’s Office
- Midland Police Department
- Milan Police Department
- Monroe County Sheriff’s Office
- Montague Police Department
- Negaunee Police Department
- Pine River Elementary School
- Port Huron Police Department
- Presque Isle County Sheriff’s Office
- Rockford Police Department
- Romulus Police Department
- Sanilac County Drug Task Force
- Sanilac County Sheriff’s Office
- Schoolcraft County Sheriff’s Office
- Shelby Township Police Department
- Wexford County Sheriff’s Office
Copyright © 2020 D.A.R.E. America. All Rights Reserved.
Copyright © 2020 D.A.R.E. America.
All Rights Reserved.