FALLSBURG — Back in 1983, a Los Angeles school district created a partnership with the Los Angeles Police Department to create a drug resistance education program for students. Based upon the science of avoidance at the time, the program taught about specific drugs...
More from Hometown New York
Students in the D.A.R.E. program at Herkimer Elementary School wave during the program’s graduation on Wednesday. Students were treated to a pizza party, cake and were given a free T-shirt and certificate...
Oswego Middle School students show off their D.A.R.E. certificates, upon completion of the 10-week program, where Oswego Police officer Thomas Grover gave them tools to help make the best decisions...
Orchard Park, N.Y. (WIVB) - A program that's reached thousands of children across the country is now celebrating a milestone in Orchard Park. D.A.R.E. (Drug Abuse Resistance Education) has been taught in OP schools for 25 years now. When you walk into Officer...
Shelter Island’s school district has become the first in the state to roll out a new D.A.R.E. program. Other districts are expected to follow...
For nearly 30 years, the Sidney Central School District has participated in the D.A.R.E. Program. This past Tuesday, the school maintained that tradition and held its annual graduation ceremony for the fifth-grade class.
SARANAC LAKE – After an eight-year hiatus, Saranac Lake School District has brought back the Drug Abuse Resistance Education (D.A.R.E.) program. The D.A.R.E. program has been revised using a new “keepin’ it REAL” curriculum. Students are assigned to write an essay expressing their thoughts and ideas about what they learned during the D.A.R.E. program.
The Orchard Park Police Department along with the Orchard Park School District recently announced the D.A.R.E. graduation dates for fifth-grade classes from Ellicott Elementary School and St. John Vianney School. The students being recognized have completed a 15-week curriculum.
Students in a fifth-grade class at Herkimer Elementary School were given a scenario Thursday where a girl who smokes was going to a party. Some of the students offered solutions about what they would do. One said to not go. Another said to go, but if the friend started smoking to say you had to go home. Another said to just walk away.
Students at Kingsford Park Elementary School honored Oswego Police Officer Thomas Grover at the school’s recent Citizenship Awards. Grover, who teaches the D.A.R.E. curriculum in the Oswego City School District, was recognized by students and teachers as an “awesome role-model” always ready with a “warm friendly smile.”
Northeast Regional Director
Phone: (424) 227-2384
Fax: (800) 303-1905
Email: Mark Medford
State D.A.R.E. Contacts
State D.A.R.E. Educator
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (315) 719-3349
State D.A.R.E. Officers Association President
Deputy Andrew Yessman
Schuyler County Sheriff’s Office
Lily Ljiljanich, D.A.R.E. America Youth Advocacy Board Member from New York
New York Local D.A.R.E. Websites
- Cheektowaga Police Department
- Cornwall-On-Hudson Police Department
- Fulton Police Department
- Greenburgh Police Department
- Holley Central School District
- Hyde Park Police Department
- Irvington Police Department
- Jefferson County Sheriff’s Department
- Johnson City Police Department
- Lewiston Police Department
- Memorial Park Elementary School
- Monroe Police Department
- Niagara Falls Police Department
- Onondaga County Sheriff’s Office
- Orangetown Police Department
- Ossining Police Department
- Peekskill Police Department
- Poughkeepsie Police Department
- Rensselaer County Sheriff’s Office
- Rye Brook Police Department
- Spring Valley Police Department
- St. Lawrence County Sheriff’s Office
- Stony Point Police Department
- Suffern Police Department
- Tompkins County Sheriff’s Office
- Town of East Hampton Police
- Town of Kent Police Department
- Town of Mamaroneck Police Department
- Town of Ramapo Police Department
- Town of Saugerties Police Department
- Town of Wallkill Police Department
- Ulster Police Department
- Village of Walden Police Department
- Warren County Sheriff’s Office
- Watertown Police Benevolent Association
- Webster Police Department
- Yates County Sheriff’s Office
Copyright © 2020 D.A.R.E. America. All Rights Reserved.
Copyright © 2020 D.A.R.E. America.
All Rights Reserved.