WAKE FOREST, N.C. — Drug education programs in schools used to involve just illegal drugs, but with today's opioid crisis, that list must now include legally prescribed but highly addictive medications. In 2015, Wake County Public Schools replaced D.A.R.E. with...Read more . . .
More from Hometown North Carolina
Four classes of fifth graders at Eastfield Global Magnet School graduated the D.A.R.E. (Drug Abuse Resistance Education) program taught by Officer Michael Hensley. The students were on the brink of getting cupcakes and punch, and a group picture was just not in the...
BRUNSWICK COUNTY, N.C. -- Nearly one-third of high schoolers in eastern North Carolina use tobacco products, according to a recent release of North Carolina's 2017 Youth Tobacco Survey. Over half of those smokers use e-cigarettes. All Brunswick County fifth graders...
CABARRUS COUNTY, N.C. - The growing opioid epidemic is such a concern that the D.A.R.E. program is creating special lessons across the nation to teach kids about it. Cabarrus County Deputy Keith Drake, the resource officer at Bethel Elementary in Midland, showed...
State D.A.R.E. Contacts
Captain Michael G. Adkins
State D.A.R.E. Coordinator
Phone: (336) 694-9311 ext 2574
Direct Line: (336) 514-1563
Carley Keller, D.A.R.E. America Youth Advocacy Board Member from North Carolina
North Carolina Local D.A.R.E. Websites
- Brunswick County Sheriff’s Office
- Burlington Police Department
- Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office
- Caswell County Sheriff’s Office
- Chowan County Sheriff’s Office
- Goldsboro Police Department
- Graham Police Department
- Iredell-Statesville Schools
- Jackson County Sheriff’s Office
- Liberty Elementary School
- Macon County Sheriff’s Office
- North Carolina D.A.R.E. Officers’ Association
- Oak Island Police Department
- Stanly County Sheriff’s Office
- Stokes County Sheriff’s Office
- Transylvania County Sheriff’s Office
- Waynesville Police Department
- Winterville Police Department