If you have any questions regarding the national policies and procedures, please call Frank Pegueros, President/CEO at 800.223.3273. Welcome to the rules of the road! The D.A.R.E. national policies and trademark regulations have been placed in this section. D.A.R.E. is the national symbol for the Drug Abuse Resistance Education program which, in partnership with police officers, parents and schools is in use throughout the United States. All D.A.R.E. officers are members of affiliated agencies that accept a shared responsibility to protect the trademark and ensure that unauthorized use does not occur. Promotional companies and silk screen printers continue to be a problem whenever they reproduce D.A.R.E. merchandise items using any of the registered marks. Unlicensed vendors, both corporately and individually, are committing a federal felony subject to five years imprisonment. In addition, the integrity of the entire D.A.R.E. program suffers, quality control over the merchandise is lost and unlicensed vendors deprive local D.A.R.E. programs of needed funds. There are a lot of questions regarding the use of the D.A.R.E. trademarks. D.A.R.E. America is mandated by law to continue to enforce proper use of its registered marks therefore it is essential that all D.A.R.E. officers and agencies understand the usage permitted under Federal Trademark Law. The law states that no one can use any of the D.A.R.E. trademarks without written permission. The one exception are D.A.R.E. agencies which can use the D.A.R.E. logo on stationary and business cards without formal written permission. If you have any questions regarding the D.A.R.E. trademark usage or wish to report suspected violations, call (800) 223-3273 and ask for Mistie Bell-Renfro, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- D.A.R.E. America Position Paper on Marijuana Legalization
- D.A.R.E. Trademark Policy
DAREcatalog.com E-commerce Store
Find a wide variety of D.A.R.E. merchandise, t-shirts and educational WORKBOOKS that will help you spread the word about how important it is to make the right decisions in life.
www.darecatalog.comPhone: (888) 811-DARE
Website Graphics and Logo Registration
Many law enforcement agencies and other organizations show their support of D.A.R.E. America and the D.A.R.E. program by placing the D.A.R.E. logo on their web site and including a link to the D.A.R.E. web site. Because D.A.R.E. is a registered trademark, written consent must be obtained from D.A.R.E. America prior to placing the logo on your web site, or any other use.Go to the registration page
D.A.R.E. Vehicle Registration
D.A.R.E. America owns the rights to the registered trademarks: “D.A.R.E.” and ” D.A.R.E. America”. Because D.A.R.E. is a registered trademark, written consent must be obtained from D.A.R.E. America prior to using the logo on any vehicle.Go to the registration page
D.A.R.E. America is constantly updating the curriculum with enhancement lessons (lessons beyond the core curriculum) in everything from meth and bullying to OTC prescription drug abuse and gangs. The cost of development, research, training, and world-wide distribution of materials for one enhancement lesson averages $600,000.
- D.A.R.E. America is the worldwide headquarters for the D.A.R.E. programs
- More than 99% of D.A.R.E. America’s annual budget goes back into the program
- D.A.R.E. America Does Not Use Students to Fundraise
- D.A.R.E. America Does Not Employ the Services of Telephone Solicitors
- The training provided by D.A.R.E. America is at no cost to D.A.R.E. officers
- D.A.R.E. America provides, at no cost, all materials needed for State D.A.R.E. Training Centers to conduct D.A.R.E. training
- D.A.R.E. America, at no cost, provides all classroom educational materials required for the first year D.A.R.E. is implemented in a local community
For information or comments on fundraising contact:
Below find information detailing programs that you can use to raise funds for your local D.A.R.E. program.
Downloads & Links
Sample Press Releases
D.A.R.E. Day News Release
D.A.R.E. Graduation Release (Students)
Media Advisory for State Conference
Parent Meeting Release
Proclamation Celebrating D.A.R.E. Day
Proclamation News Release
Daren the Lion Mascot Costume
A great investment to get the most of your D.A.R.E.® Program
- Make appearances at parades, carnivals, fairs, sporting events and shopping malls. An excellent addition to your D.A.R.E. graduation.
- Loved by children & adults.
- Interact with your local D.A.R.E. sponsors.
- Produced by by Scollon Productions, one of the world’s leading costume creators.
- Premium quality construction.
- Easily maintained. Fits slim wearers up to 5’10”.
For ordering information, please contact:
Phone: (800) 223-3273
The Official D.A.R.E. Safety & Self-Esteem Buddy
He is one of the most “in-demand” K-12th Grade Motivational Speakers in North America.
He makes learning about healthy decision making and positive self-esteem FUN for all ages!